Documents from the University of Oxford Text Archive
Users of resources downloaded from the University of Oxford Text Archive must abide by the terms of the OTA User Agreement (pdf file).
The OTA publishes from time to time various documents giving advice and guidance on good practice in the creation and use of electronic resources. These include guides, reports and briefing papers and manuals. The following are currently available:
- Developing Linguistic Corpora: a guide to good practice, published 2005.
- Searching and Concordancing: a guide to the methods of corpus linguistics, published 2008.
- Creating and Documenting Electronic Texts: a guide to good practice, published 2000.
- XML Editors: an information paper, published 2005.
- An Investigation into Free E-books, a report published in 2004
- Preservation manuals:
- Table of ECCO identifiers with OTA URLs (2387 texts from the first tranche)
- Table of identifiers for TCP texts on GitHub
- Slides for class on corpora in applied linguistics: download PDF